Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Hoping this Kickstarter works!

If you've been following me on Facebook or Twitter, you'll know that I am planning a year-long tour starting in December. I'm giving up my home and getting rid of most of my material possessions to live on the road for a year and tour the U.S. I've been wanting to do this for a while now, but until now, I haven't had the guts. I've put together a Kickstarter campaign to try and raise the funds to buy a travel trailer to live in while I'm on the road. I set the goal at $5,000. I really hope this works! Otherwise, I will be living with my husband and two dogs out of a car for a year. In any case, I think it's worth it.

The last crowdfund that I did was through Indiegogo, because I had problems getting my Amazon business account verified, so Kickstarter wouldn't let me launch. I got it all figured out for this time, though, after 2 hours on the phone being passed around by representatives from Amazon. Turns out that a long time ago, I set up an account with the same email address as my current account, and Amazon got confused. Anyway, the issue has been fixed and I launched the Kickstarter campaign this morning. I'm a little nervous, though, because when I did the Indiegogo fundraiser, I only raised half of the money that I had hoped to. It was a good thing that I used Indiegogo in that case, because it was enough to get my new album, Human Conditions, pressed and packaged. I was hoping to also get my debut album, The Gate, re-mastered and re-pressed, but I did not reach that funding goal. But, I've made more fans since then, and I hope generated more buzz this time. I'm trying out some new tactics this time too. If it works out, I'll definitely share them. My first Kickstarter project was a success, but it was for less than half of the amount of this current one. We shall see!

The first part of the tour is being planned. I'm going to Colorado first, and then making my way out to the West Coast. After that, I'll probably do another southern route, just to keep interest going there. My goal is to tour the entire U.S. this year. I've always wanted to travel, and I really just want to share my music with the world. I think my music is a positive force in this world, and there needs to be more conscious music out there. Michael Franti, Nahko Bear, and that whole crew are really doing an amazing job of spreading messages of unity and peace, and I hope to do the same someday.

Thanks so much to you guys and gals who read my blog! If you'd like to see me keep going, and keep pushing my music out there, please donate what you can. If I can get everyone I know to just donate $5, I'll reach my goal for sure! Please help spread the word! Here's the link to my Kickstarter page: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/candylee/candy-lees-follow-your-bliss-tour

I posted the Kickstarter video to YouTube, but there's also a link within the video to my Kickstarter page where donations can be made!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with the fundraising and the tour - it is an honor to support you.

    ReplyDelete